If you’re anything like us, you’re doing your best to stay abreast of all the latest developments that affect businesses in your sector, all the while trying to improve on your own past performance and keep your business running.
As digital technology continues to evolve, almost every business has to keep pace with emerging trends and innovative tools. Whether it’s to improve customer experience, streamline operations, or enhance their marketing efforts, most businesses need to evolve, or they will eventually find themselves outmatched. There are many technological innovations, but here at Liiingo, we’re laser focused on the QR code and ways people around the world are using it to revolutionize customer and brand interactions. Today, we’re taking a look at how the uptick in QR code usage is affecting two critical aspects of modern business: e-commerce and marketing.
QR Codes in E-commerce
E-commerce has always been about convenience and speed. QR codes factor into this by reducing the number of steps consumers need to take to complete their online purchases. Here's how:
1. Quick and Easy Payments: QR codes can store payment information, allowing customers to quickly scan the code with their mobile device and complete a transaction. This eliminates the need to manually input credit card data or other payment information, reducing friction in the checkout process. Many mobile payment companies now offer QR codes as part of their basic interface, which streamlines the process even further. This is a rare instance where we think that you can actually put a QR code on a website and have it do some good.
2. Product Information: Products can be tagged with QR codes, which when scanned by customers, provide comprehensive information such as product details, user manuals, and even demonstration videos. This adds tremendous value to the customer's shopping experience. It creates frustration and builds barriers between the customer and the brand when the customer is forced to look to third-party sources for things like assembly instructions. Even worse, this kind of friction can introduce rivals into your funnel, as product reviewers and how-to videos often advertise or highlight competing products. For brands without a lot of representation on the web, we often recommend Liiingo’s enterprise products as a solution, as content is easily added and changed as businesses identify their customers’ pressing questions and seek to provide a protected, positive experience. Pages are always changeable, so if you need to change what’s behind your QR codes, it’s just a little bit of editing away.
3. Personalized Shopping Experience: QR codes can be used to store customer data and preferences, helping businesses create personalized shopping experiences. For instance, a QR code can redirect a customer to their saved items or personalized product recommendations, enhancing their engagement with the brand. We recommend this solution only to brands who have experienced web developers on staff, as they increase the relevance of customer tracking mechanisms like cookies and profiles.
4. Shop and Brand Discovery: Most businesses don’t make a single product- and by the same token, most businesses rely on repeat shoppers and brand loyalty. Once you’ve established a relationship with a customer, you want that customer to come back to you and develop an interest in what other products or services you have on offer. QR codes that point to your shop’s catalog or other areas of interest can be a great thing to include, either as labels on your product, product packaging, or on inserts included in your packaging materials. Just be sure to be clear about what your customer should expect when they scan their QR code.
Digital Marketing and QR Codes
In the realm of digital marketing, QR codes create opportunities for businesses to interact with their customer base in more dynamic and engaging ways.
1. Directing Traffic: QR codes can be used in print and outdoor advertising to direct potential customers to your brand's website, social media pages, or specific product pages. This integration of offline and online marketing not only diversifies the marketing strategy but also improves the reach and effectiveness of campaigns. You can also generate and track multiple QR codes that are directed to the same destination, to monitor the effectiveness of placement.
2. Measurable Campaigns: With QR codes, businesses can track the number of scans, location, and time, allowing them to measure the effectiveness of their campaigns and make data-driven decisions. We already addressed measurement a little above, but this is also an opportunity to really dive into A/B testing with your marketing efforts. You can change up your calls to action, placement, etc. to see what’s generating the most interaction over time.
3. Interactive Content: QR codes give businesses the chance to get creative with their marketing campaigns. They can be used to deliver interactive content such as games, AR experiences, or contests right to the customer's smartphone, significantly increasing engagement. Be aware that mediocre experiences can turn customers off- make sure you’ve invested the time and effort into making the experience fun/rewarding if you want to be rewarded in turn.
4. Enhanced Customer Service: QR codes on products or in stores can link to customer service channels, guides, and FAQs, enabling businesses to offer immediate support and improve customer satisfaction. Even if you’re just employing a chatbot on your website to answer FAQs, or if you want to put people in touch with a human being, putting a QR code that opens up a two-way communication between you and your customer can go a long way towards showing you care about your customers.
QR codes represent an intersection of accessibility, convenience, and innovation. As e-commerce and digital marketing continue to evolve, the role of QR codes is set to become even more significant and transformative. By embracing this technology, businesses can rise to the forefront of the digital age, foster customer engagement and ultimately, drive growth and profitability. When you’re ready to start folding QR codes into your business’s marketing, commerce, or other efforts, reach out to liiingo.com to get a helping hand with all your needs; from content creation to images to branding, we’ve got you covered.